The Sustainability Ventures Group Inc. (“Sustainability Ventures”) is a British Columbia firm, founded in 1994, that is dedicated to developing business, public policy, and educational approaches to foster sustainability. The company founder and President, David Van Seters, has experience and academic training in environmental issues, community development and business management. These combined skills are essential in assisting organizations to develop practical ways to integrate environmental, economic and social priorities.
Specific types of project conducted by the firm
- Sustainability education and reporting
- Development of Sustainability Management Systems
- Economic analyses of urban sprawl, transportation systems, energy infrastructure, sustainable finance and sustainable food systems.
- Community economic development strategies.
- Full cost accounting (integration of economic externalities to understand the “full” costs of a particular business or project.
- Senior management/board level strategic planning and implementation for sustainability.
The company also provides coaching and mentoring to sustainable business entrepreneurs